This page outlines how I use the information collected on this site (contentwonk.com).
Updated November 11, 2021
You can unsubscribe from the email list at any time. Every email message has a one click unsubscribe button near the bottom of the email.
What information is collected?
I gather and store email addresses collected from the opt-in forms and from landing pages offering a free report in exchange for your email address. I also save email messages sent to the site via the contact form, but only as a data backup. I also save and publish comments posted on the blog.
I collect anonymous data through Google Analytics. This data shows how users of this site navigate through the site, which keywords they used to find the site, how long they stay on pages, where they are searching from (their location, according to their ip address) and other information.
I also collect and store information that is voluntarily given by users who are filling out web forms, on-site tools, surveys, site registrations and related inputs.
How is that information used?
That information is used to improve the user experience of the site. It is also used to let people see more about information they expressed an interest in (like when a webinar is being held, and how to get on it). User information is also used to send email newsletters, and to reply to blog comments, and to write more content that users appear to like.
How is that information protected?
All data and events on this site are through a secure server, for starters. I have also invested in world-class hosting that includes all possible security measures and protocols. For any third-party tool (like my email service provider), I use complex passwords and only work with globally recognized and respected companies. Everything is as secure as I can make it, and I only use tools with first-rate security.
Cookies, tracking pixels, and links
This site does use “cookies” (small bits of code that do record how users behave, but this data does not identify any user personally – your actual identity is private). It also may use tracking pixels, including the Facebook tracking pixel. This site does also link out to other sites. I have no control over how other sites use or collect your information, but again – I actively and rigorously avoid any company I link might have ethical, much less illegal, practices.
Surveys and contests
Sometimes this site does run surveys and contests. These are completely voluntary, and any information you submit for these events is submitted with the knowledge that I may use it as outlined in the specific opt-in for that event. Again – I am never going to sell or share your information with a third-party. But it would be a shame if you won a contest and I wasn’t allowed to email you to tell you about it or to send a prize to you.
Do you share this information?
No. ContentWonk.com does not share, sell, or lend the information you give the site. Your email address and other contact information is not available to third parties. I do not rent my email list or share my visitors’, followers’, subscribers’ or customers’ information in any way.
Children under 13
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13.
If you are within the European Union (EU), you are entitled to certain information rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. These rights include:
– We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until whichever is earlier: (a) you ask us to delete the information, (b) we decide to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) Content Wonk LLC decides the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
– You may request access to your data that Content Wonk LLC stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
– You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
– You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
– To the extent that you provided consent to Content Wonk LLC’s processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
– You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
– We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
I have a question about my privacy on this site.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Pam Neely, c/o Content Wonk, P.O. Box 6365, Santa Fe, NM 87505.